Spring has arrived! The bees are buzzing, the flowers are blooming. The pollen is everywhere!
Today, people are leading hectic lives with crazy, unpredictable schedules. As their HVAC service technician, take this opportunity to remind your customers to put their air conditioning unit on the spring cleaning list. This is also an excellent time to offer an annual service contract.
Typical unit maintenance should include:
• Removing debris from inside/outside of the unit.
• Ensure that the unit is level, and not sagging due to soil settling.
• Check that refrigerant levels are correct.
• Check unit for refrigerant leaks.
• Check for duct leakage.
• Inspect electric terminals.
• Ensure thermostat accuracy.
• Ensure belts are tight and check for deterioration.
• Oil motors.
• Thoroughly clean condenser coil, as needed.
• Thoroughly clean evaporator coil, as needed.
• Flush condensate drain channels with cleaning solution.
• Check blower filter and replace, as needed.
A well maintained unit will save your customers money on their monthly utility bill, as well as prolonging the life of their unit. Happy customers made happy service technicians.